Castle called "of the Templars

  • Tour Sarrazine, N-O
  • Vue Sud/ Entrée Nord
Tour Sarrazine, N-OVue Sud/ Entrée Nord


Classified as a historical monument, this castle has dominated the village of Gréoux-les-Bains for generations. It houses an exhibition room.
Everything suggests that in the 12th century the first stones were laid that would later constitute the castle known as "the Templars". In the XIIth century, property of the Count of Provence, it is given to the Hospitallers (Order of Malta), then to Arnaud de Trian (Count of Tallard). From the beginning of the XIVth century until the Revolution, the estate was owned by a succession of secular lords. Abandoned at the Revolution, it will be repurchased as National Good by Arnoux Guibert and will become Historical Monument in 1840. The Roize couple, then Antoine Cadière will be the owners, before the commune of Gréoux-les-Bains, after a referendum, buys it. Restoration work was then undertaken to consolidate and make this emblematic place accessible again.
The castle was awarded the "Pôle d'Excellence Rurale" label in 2007.
Période(s) d'ouvertureClosed temporarily.
  • Localisation :
    • Gréoux-les-Bains
  • Type of culturel patrimony :
    • Historic site and monument
  • categories :
    • categories
  • Period :
    • 12th C
    • 14th C
    • 18th C
    • 17th C
  • Historical patrimony :
    • Historic patrimony
    • Château
  • Entertainment :
    • Temporary exhibition
  • Parking :
    • Parking
  • Cultural leisure facilities :
    • Exhibition space


Free access.
Castle called "of the Templars
Chemin des Hospitaliers
Phone : +33 4 92 78 01 08
  • Spoken language(s) :
    • French


Château dit "des Templiers"
Chemin des Hospitaliers
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 43.760003
Longitude : 5.883771
We also suggest...